The Hip Kitty Lifestyle

Life goes on...as STRONG as possible...with the Hip Kitty Lifestyle....

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 1 of FL Sectionals

Well, it's day one and I am up early. Feeling a bit anxious. It is blowing hard outside right now. Hope it lays down. She's got 150m sprints this am :)

I will do my best to update in as timely as fashion as possible. I won't have my computer at BGI, we are not allowed inside the gym- only athletes get in to warm up on the pull ups racks. I've been told there will be 1000 spectators here today. Hmmm.

Have a great Saturday, whatever you're doing! I am already appreciating no early am Monday classes~ THANK YOU Coach!

UPDATE:

MK placed 9th in WOD 1, which was (4) 2 min rds of: 150m sprint, 5 'man on fire' burpees, and max rep KBS @ 24K. Score was total KBS- she got 57. Winner got 75, I think...

WOD 2: 3 min work, 1 min rest of: box jumps (20'), pull ups, thrusters @ 83lbs. She is currently in 16th place after finishing WOD 2 with total reps @ 110, but better than half the girls have yet to go. We are done for the day and the cool thing is that you can check the Crossfit Games site for live scoring, if you like. She feels good and is happy with her efforts thus far. She has competed strong in both WODs today, esp the KBS. During WOD 2, the girl next to her on the pull up bar fell hard- flat on her back, got right back up and kept going. The medics were cleaning her up when we left- no room for weakness here!! I have to say- those 83lb thrusters looked fn HEAVY to me! AFTER max effort pull ups!

More later. Nap time.

UPDATE: She is in 20th place overall. Still pretty strong, considering she has lifting in the am, clean & jerks- and we think she'll do well there. Will update when I can- night night.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates, keep them coming when you can. We're all thinking of MK, she's going to do great!

    ReplyDelete