The Hip Kitty Lifestyle

Life goes on...as STRONG as possible...with the Hip Kitty Lifestyle....

Monday, February 14, 2011

I heart my Valentine. Monday February 14...a few days of rest.

Woke up to the coffee maker beeping...a wonderful thing~ thank you Pauly!

In case anyone is reading this (???) ;)....for what it's worth, I am going to take a few days of rest this week.  It seems I have some protein showing up high in my urine and low in my blood- on paper, this looks like preeclampsia- but my bp is perfect, and my uric acid is perfect- both are secondary markers for the condition.  Really, do I look like I am suffering from a dangerous condition??? But what do I know?!?!  I'll be retaking the panels tomorrow and they will run for 24 hrs (it just means I have to catch urine for 24hrs) and so, in an effort to do everything I can to help the numbers shift, I am going to take a few days off from the gym as well as make a few tweaks to my nutrition and supplements.  My naturapath, Keli, thinks it's a digestive issue (hello? this has been an issue for me and I am 37 weeks preggo) and more of a malabsorption conversation- so, I've made a few changes in literally how I eat, what I eat, and some helpful supps to aid that process.  We will see what happens.  I am taking this super seriously, since induction at the hospital will be the course of action if we don't get this fixed this week- and that, is NOT what we want.  Not our plan, but if it is God's plan, then I will need prayer to accept it and get through it.  I feel great, and baby girl is moving every day, so I know she is feeling great.

 I am so blessed to have help in this, from my husband who is my rock, Dr. Mike, Keli, and prayer warrior friends who are praying for me!!!!

heart shaped egg 'muffins' this morning in honor of my love.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Hip Kitty,

    I will be praying for you and the baby this week! And I read your blog all of the time, so there is at least one person reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm be praying for you and your little girl. I read your blog too - not every day but I check it frequently to keep tabs on you :)

    P.S. Just for the record, I just checked it myself (Brennan didn't tell me to).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Laney is doing great. She is healthy and likes to kick her mother all of the time. I got to feel a kick for the first time a few days ago, it was very cool. Mariel is 6 months along now and her due date is May 23rd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're praying for you and sweet baby girl too! And yes, I also check out your blog at least a couple of times a week, helps keep me focused sometimes. I hope your lab values are right in line later this week.

    ReplyDelete